An 1-year fixed term vacancy for a Graduate Bioinformatician has become available to join the core Computational Biology group of the Cancer Research UK – Beatson Institute, in Glasgow, UK.
The successful applicant should ideally possess the following skills:
• A degree in Bioinformatics, or in Computer Science/Biology with an interest in Bioinformatics/Computational Analysis
• Familiarity with RNA-seq analysis
• Ability to work in Unix/Linux environments
• Experience of R
• Experience with scripting languages (Shell, Python, Perl)
• Some experience in Biomedical Research, functional Proteomics or Genomics and Biological Systems
• Excellent communication skills in order to determine scientist’s needs and discuss the results obtained
The closing date for applications is 15th May 2018.
Further information and benefits can be found here:
For any informal enquiries please e-mail Prof. Insall
The position is core funded by Cancer Research UK. The Cancer Research UK Beatson Institute is committed to increase the number of female scientists at this level and encourages female applicants to apply